For military personnel in a position of leadership related to their unit’s physical fitness training and sports program.
Unit Fitness and Sports Officer (UFSO)
MITE Course Qualification Code 112436
In order to be nominated for Military Personnel Generation Training Group (MPGTG) courses (BFTA, AFTA and UFSO), your unit Training Coordinator, Training Officer or Operations and Training Cell must enter your nomination in Guardian. The desired serial number and session dates must be entered into the comments field (click on TAB 3 to get to the comments field) in order to ensure you are not simply put on a waiting list.
Nominations are normally confirmed about 30 days prior to the course start date. At that time participants will receive a course loading message that will include the Joining Instructions and specifics on FIN Codes. They must confirm their attendance with Kathy Dimakos, Training and Project Support Coordinator, National PSP Training Centre, at Kathy.Dimakos@forces.gc.ca at that time. If members cannot attend the session, they must have their Ops and Training cell change their nomination in Guardian.
There are no course registration fees. Participant costs for travel, TD and R&Q are funded through MPGTG for Reg Force members only. For Reservists, MPGTG only covers the course and their unit covers travel, TD and wages.
If you have any issues with Guardian nominations, please contact HRIC.Info@forces.gc.ca.
5 training days
V CV H G O A
- BFTA or AFTA qualified and involved with the unit’s/school’s PT program on a regular basis
- Successfully completed the FORCE evaluation in the past 12 months
- Rank of Sergeant, Petty Officer 2nd class and above
- Currently qualified in Standard First Aid and CPR
- Medical standards:
4 3 3 2 2 5
- Course attendance approval through the Chain of Command
This course is designed to train CAF personnel to manage their unit’s physical fitness and sports activities, by effectively matching the annual physical fitness training program to the operational and training schedule of a unit. This will enable units to follow a specific fitness and sport plan that is catered to their unique requirements.
Upcoming Courses 2019-2020
- Please note that the Unit Fitness and Sports Officer (UFSO) course is a pilot course and only available in English at this time
- Taught at CFB Borden. In order to have a course taught at any other location with suitable facilities and equipment, a request has to be submitted to MPGTG HQ in Borden
- For more information please contact the PSP Training and Project Support Coordinator at 705-424-1200 ext 3127 or CSN 270-3127