Rules and Standards
Pool and Hot Tub Rules and Standards
Buell Fitness & Aquatic Centre Pool Rules and Regulations
- Persons having a communicable disease or open sore on their body shall NOT enter the pool.
- Beverages (no glass) and food are permitted in the pool viewing area only.
- No person shall pollute the water in the pools in any manner. Spitting, spouting of water and blowing the nose in the pool or on the deck are prohibited.
- No person shall engage in boisterous play in or about the pool.
- Each bather must take a shower with warm water and soap before entering the pool area and upon re-entry.
- Suitable bathing attire must be worn at all times. No outdoor footwear is permitted onto the pool deck.
- Children that are not fully toilet trained must wear a water diaper at all times while in and around the pools.
- The use of cameras (without prior authorization) in the aquatic facility is prohibited.
- Fins, masks and snorkels are not permitted in the pool during open swim time.
Hot Tub Rules and Regulations
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the hot tub.
- The maximum capacity is 10 bathers.
- Avoid using the hot tub if you have taken alcohol or drugs that cause drowsiness or raise/lower blood pressure.
- Avoid submersion of head under water while using the hot tub.
- Maximum length of time in Hot Tub is 15 minutes.
- It is recommended that elderly persons, persons with known health or medical conditions (such as heart problems, diabetes, and high blood pressure), and pregnant women consult with a physician before using the hot tub.
Pool Admission Standards
For increased safety in our aquatic facilities, all swimmers 6 - 12 years of age who wish to swim in the lap pool must complete a swim test prior to being admitted to the water.
Upon successful completion, the child will be given a GREEN wrist band allowing them to swim unaccompanied. Those who choose not to do the swim test and those who are unsuccessful in completing the swim test may participate accompanied by a parent/guardian who is at least 16 years of age.
Children 5 years and under - RED Wrist Band
Children 6 - 12 years of age - YELLOW Wrist Band
- Must be accompanied in the water by a parent/caregiver who is at least 16 years of age who remains within arm's reach.
- Ratio of children to parent/guardian 2:1
Children 6 - 12 years of age - GREEN Wrist Band
- Children who do not successfully complete the swim test MUST swim with a parent/guardian 16 years or older in the pool who remains within arms reach.
- Ratio of children to parent/guardian 4:1
Please remember to remove all footwear before entering the pool deck and showers.
- Children who complete the swim test may access the pool unaccompanied
- Parent/guardians do not need to remain in the pool but must remain in the aquatic facility and/or viewing area.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE RECREATION KIOSK (705) 424-1200 EXT. 1536