Is your child or teen keen to learn a new skill, become an entrepreneur, or prioritize their emotional health and wellness? We know programs that teach these skills, while awesome, can sometimes be expensive. The Calgary Military Family Resource has a program to help!
Our Youth Skills Development subsidy is available to families of currently serving CAF members with children between the ages of 6 and 17 who want to enroll in a course or program that teaches a new skill or helps them build on the skills they already have. The subsidy covers up to 50% of registration costs.
Subsidies are paid out after completion of the course.
Examples of courses include:
- Babysitting Course (Child Safe, Red Cross, etc.)
- First Aid Course (Child Safe, Red Cross, St. John’s Ambulance, etc.)
- Mental Health Courses (Anger Management and Chill Out from Child Safe Canada, B’Tween Girls Workshops, etc.)
- Social Skills Courses (Friendship Builders, Social Skills and Bully Proof from Child Safe Canada, B’Tween Girls Workshops, etc.)
- Entrepreneurship/Leadership Courses (MiniPreneurs YYC, Junior Achievement, Rotary, etc.
*Some mental health programs are covered in whole or in part by your insurance. We are happy to help cover the registration costs not covered by insurance.
**This subsidy MAY NOT be used to pay for sports and fine arts extracurricular activities.
Prior approval from the Child and Youth Coordinator is required to claim this subsidy. For more information, please contact our Child and Youth Program Coordinator, Kristin Lailey at 403-410-2320 ext. 3592 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to register today!