Detachment Dundurn is located approximately 45 km south of Saskatoon, SK; slightly west of provincial Hwy #11. The camp and associated training area currently comprises some 82,000 acres (22.000 ha) and approximately 49 significant buildings. The main camp area houses all functions found on a typical military base, including headquarters and command functions, operational and training functions, logistics and support functions, community and Personnel Support services, RHUs, and lodger units. CFAD Dundurn is a major on-site lodger unit with approximately 60 additional personnel, military and civilian. Other lodger units include 23 Health Svc and 13 MP Flight.
About Central Saskatchewan
Historically, Camp Dundurn was established as a Militia Training Camp in 1927. It became an Unemployed Relief Camp in the 1930's when much of the current infrastructure was built. During the Second World War, it became a major training facility and played its part in the Commonwealth Air Training Plan. The ammunition storage facilities on site were initially created during the war and significantly expanded in the post war years, when RHUs and additional supporting infrastructure were also introduced. In 1966, the camp was integrated with CFB Moose Jaw (15 Wing) and become a formal Detachment of a large supporting base. In 1998, the supporting base was changed to CFB Winnipeg (17 Wing), and Det. Dundurn assumed further responsibilities for support to distributed Saskatchewan dependencies previously supported by CFB Moose Jaw.
Today, the Detachment continues to serve as a support unit for CFAD and as a training facility for many units in Western Canada.
Source: CAFcommunitygatewaydundurn website