Starting 1 April 2018, up to $3.5K will be available to spouses/significant others to support re-certification/training/education in order to increase the success of finding employment.
Reimbursement for Military Spouses
To apply for reimbursement, CAF members are to complete Schedule A and Schedule H to the Support our Troops Program, attach detailed receipts dated after 1 April 2018 and a copy of your MPRR. Registration for NPP Direct Funds Transfer is also required if you have not previously registered.
- Spouse/significant other must be reflected on your MPRR
- Courses must be at a recognized post-secondary institution or adult retraining centre
- Courses can be through distance learning
- Courses will be short in duration, a few weeks or months
- Courses must be related to potential employment
- For re-certification, proof from the applicable professional association is required
Schedule A, H and all supporting documentation is to be hand-delivered to Teresa Boisvert, SISIP Financial Counsellor, located in the CANEX Mall. Once approved by national authorities, reimbursement will be deposited directly into your bank account.