The following briefings/workshops are just some of the briefings Health Promotions can provided to the Units, Sections and groups upon request… whether as part of annual PD days (Training days) or in response to the general interest of members.
Health Promotion Briefings
Please note that additional topics are available upon request
- Intro to Health Promotion Services
- What’s in a Label? – tips to help read & understand nutrition labels & claims
- The thigh bone’s connected to the knee bone – the impact of exercise on the human body.
- Healthy Eating on the Go!
- Dietary Supplement Dilemma
- Energy Drinks
- Fad Diets
- Stepping Stones to Lasting Behaviour Change
- Self-Care – Taking care of you!
- Substance Use 101
- Drug Use 101!
- An Introduction to Gambling
- Internet Gaming Disorder
- Talking About Alcohol and Other Drugs
- A Deadly Silence - the cost of enabling
- Military and Substance Use
- Substance Use and the Work Place
- Just Breath – into relaxation
- Pillow Talk – tips for a goodnights sleep
- Positive Thinking
- Mental Fitness and Suicide Awareness
For more information or to schedule a briefing, please contact Health Promotion at 780-840-8000 extension 6958.