Looking for a job? Needing help to update your resume?
Wanting to practice or develop interview skils?
Wanting to start your own business?
Then come to the Comox MFRC!
Military spouses & partners and dependant youth 15 years and older may obtain assistance with job search strategies, career navigation, and self employment as just some of the options for successful transition to employment.
Our staff is available for individual consultation and assistance with employment, self-employment and career exploration. We can provide resources that will help you to make career goals that are suited to your personal aptitudes, identify your strengths, education and training requirements, and improve the skills that will help you find satisfying employment opportunities.
Services available include:
Click here for current course offerings
- Job board with current employment opportunities
- Assistance with resumes and cover letters
- Assistance with developing effective interview skills
- Access to local labour market information
- Support and assistance with EI claims
- Bursary fund
- Consultation about careers, self-employment options and education
- Referrals to local employment agencies and services, colleges, and universities, and training institutes
- Employment enabling workshops and seminars
- Reference library to enhance job search strategies, self-employment options or start a home based business
- Internet searches for distance education programs and employment opportunities
- Internet access and computer-based courses