Here’s what you have to do
PSP Jumpstart Application Process
- Download and complete the monthly cash flow/budget worksheet. Note: You can submit an application form if your net monthly income is lower than your total monthly expenses. This is based only on the Jumpstart monthly cash flow/budget worksheet.
- Have an endorser write a letter to support your application. To help, you can use the Template letter of endoresment. The endorser acts as an objective third party who is familiar with your family and is in a professional position to do the assessment (Chaplain, Chain of Command, Social Worker, etc). The endorser also agrees to be contacted by Jumpstart or PSP for follow up if required.
- Complete the PSP Jumpstart Application form.
How do we approve applications?
Each application goes through a three-step process. National PSP Recreation Services will:
- Review your Application form and determine if you are eligible. Note: You can submit an application form if your net monthly income is lower than your total monthly expenses. This is based only on the Jumpstart monthly cash flow/budget worksheet.
- We will let your local PSP Recreation Department know if you are eligible.
The local PSP Recreation Department from your Base/Wing/Unit will:
- Inform you if you are eligible for funding.
- Submit your application form to Canadian Tire Jumpstart if you are eligible.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart will:
- Review your application.
- Approve or deny funding.
- Inform your local PSP Recreation Department of their funding decision, who will then inform you.
Why are there two approval stages?
The PSP Jumpstart Application process requires two approvals:
This is because our application process is different than the traditional Jumpstart application, and our funding criteria is specifically designed for our CAF community.
- One from National Recreation Services.
- One from Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
Frequently Asked Questions