We strive to provide a positive and supportive atmosphere where volunteers can actively contribute and be part of a team.
Welcome to Volunteer Services!
Becoming a volunteer...
The Comox MFRC provides volunteers with orientation, on-the-job-training and the opportunity for personal development. Our Coordinator takes time to ensure each volunteer is supported and matched with opportunities that reflect their goals and interests.
- is rewarding - when you give back to your community and help others
- provides you with the opportunity to meet people
- allows you to develop new skills and competencies
- is excellent work experience
- allows you to share your amazing talents with others!
Who can be a volunteer?
- Military, civilian, youth, and retired individuals are all welcomed.
- Youth ages 12-18 are welcome
- Adults 18 and older are welcome
What are some volunteer opportunities?
Opportunities are numerous and varied but also based on the individuals qualifications.
They can include but is not limited to:
**Submit your application online to view current volunteer opportunities available to you.**
- Youth Drop in programs
- Child care programs
- Coordinator Assistant positions
- Client services
- Board of Directors
- Administrative support
- Special Events
- Deployment & family Separation
- Employment & Education Services
- Workshop facilitation
- Translation services (English-French)
How does the application process work?
Volunteer Application Process:
- Application is submitted online using the Volunteer website
- Volunteer Coordinator will contact the applicant once the application has been received
- Interview - Opportunity for the Coordinator to get to know you better
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Record Check (for Vulnerable Sector) –Done through the Coordinator. This applies to all volunteers 18 years and older.
- Applicant is now a MFRC Volunteer - Welcome to the Team!!
Still have questions we haven’t covered?
For more information, contact our Volunteer Development Coordinator
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-339-8211 ext 8571