If you are looking for parenting, relationship, personal or communication support, drop by or call us; we are here for you. Our Mental Health and Wellness Team enhance the social and emotional well-being of CAF families. Military life presents unique challenges to families; our services will assist in the navigation of the programs and services available.
The MFRC Mental Health and Wellness Team offers confidential, short-term counselling and crisis support, parenting, relationship, personal and communication support to individuals, couples, families, and children of Canadian Armed Forces members as well as Veteran families. Programs are designed to be preventive in nature, and can assist individuals and families in managing periods of high stress and crisis.
Services offered include:
- Access to support, information and resources
- Assistance in applying for emergency funding
- Initial needs screening and referral
- Conflict management
- Confidential, short-term counselling and crisis support for youth and adults
- Peer support groups
- Preventative workshops
- Support for caregivers and children coping with illness, injury and/or loss
- Support in navigating the multitude of services and resources available to military families
- Tailored information sessions and briefings
Types of programming offered:
- iSTEP - Individual Success Through Empowering Peers
- Mindfulness Coaching
- Self-esteem workshops for children and youth
- Yak and Gobble
Get in touch with one of our Family Support Workers by visiting the MFRC during office hours or call (780) 973-4011 ext. 6300 and ask for the intake worker.