Let's stay in touch!
Call, drop in or follow us
Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre
Bldg 161, Mons Avenue, Lancaster Park
PO Box 10500 Station Forces
Edmonton, AB T5J 4J5
Phone: (780) 973-4011 Ext.6300
Fax: (780) 973-1401
Email blast: sign me up
Twitter : www.twitter.com/EdmontonMFRC
MFRC Essential Services
As you may be aware, the MFRC has closed our doors to in-person access, however, we can provide one-on-one support either by phone or email Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Essential Services that we can provide over the phone or by email include:
- Information, Referral and Communications (all program areas)
- Mental Health and Wellness
- The MFRC is continuing to provide confidential, short-term counselling, support, referrals, reassurance and crisis management to the military and veteran community. Family Support Workers are still here for you, please call 6300 and ask for an intake worker.
- Check-in service by phone or email, to sign up call 6300 and ask for an intake worker.
- Deployment Support
- DAG forms can be completed by calling 6300 and asking for our current process.
- Check-in service by phone or email.
- Emergency Childcare
- The MFRC is continuing to offer Emergency Childcare for those who qualify, with their unexpected and unique child care challenges by supporting them with the facilitation of short-term emergency child care requirements. Please be aware, it may be difficult to secure childcare, as resources are limited.
We are continually monitoring the situation and will adjust services accordingly. Updates will be provided as they become available on our Facebook page.
The best way to reach us is by phone (780) 973-4011 ext. 6300, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a private Facebook message. I want to thank you for your patience with our team as we navigate this challenging time.
For 30 years the Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) has been committed to enriching the lives of individuals and families in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) through positive action, education and support.
Absences from family support systems, difficulties during deployments, solo parenting or coping with an injury or loss are realities for military families: realities which can have a significant impact on family well-being.
Established in 1989, the MFRC has been committed to supporting military families as they navigate these unique challenges through programs and services that enhance the strength and resilience of military families
We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of military spouses, CF members, and ex-officio members. Our MFRC depends on the talents and skills of these dedicated volunteers to make guiding decisions.
Qualified staff from a variety of backgrounds direct and coordinate MFRC programs and services.
The MFRC is a non-profit society registered under the Alberta Society's Act. The agency is also registered with Revenue Canada as a charitable organization.
J'lyn Nye, co-host of 630 CHED Afternoon News, former news anchor for News Hour Final on Global Edmonton and Honourary Colonel .
The Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre supports military families as they navigate the unique challenges of military life through programs and services that enhance their strength and resilience.
Core Value Statement
Strong military families are the foundation of the Canadian Armed Forces.