Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre
Bldg 161, Mons Avenue, Lancaster Park
Mailing Address: PO Box 10500 Station Forces, Edmonton, AB T5J 4J5
Phone: (780) 973-4011 ext.6300 | Fax: (780) 973-1401 | Email blast: sign me up
Facebook: www.facebook.com/EdmontonMFRC | Instagram: www.instagram.com/edmontonmfrc
- SERVICES OFFERED BY PHONE, EMAIL, VIRTUAL & IN-PERSON
- OFFICE HOURS 9:00 AM – 4:45 PM
- Face coverings required in the MFRC/Bldg 161
COVID Update: July 2021
Appointment only services are only available for one individual or one family at a time. To maintain safety for both you and our staff, mask-wearing is required along with the completion of a health screen questionnaire before entering the building for these services.
To make an appointment please call 780-973-4011 ext. 6300 during regular business hours, 9:00 am to 4:45 pm.
Services available include:
Upon entering the building, you will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided at our entrance.
- DAG form sign-offs
- Select welcome services including clear-ins/outs
- Information and referral (bilingual)
- Individual and family short term counselling sessions
- Crisis support and referral
- Emergency Family Care Assistance
- Education and employment support
- Support to families with special needs
- Deployment Support including one-on-one Road To Mental Readiness sessions for families
In accordance with Provincial Heath Regulations, please do not enter the facility if you:
- Have a fever, cough, sore throat, running nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches or shortness of breath.
- Have been in close contact, in the last 14 days, with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID-19.
- Have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone that has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
The MFRC continues to offer our programs and services virtually, or by phone/email. To find out more please call (780) 973-4011 ext. 6300, email email@example.com or send us a private message www.facebook.com/EdmontonMFRC.
Thank you for your patience as we work to ensure everyone’s safety.
For 30 years the Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) has been committed to enriching the lives of individuals and families in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) through positive action, education and support.
Absences from family support systems, difficulties during deployments, solo parenting or coping with an injury or loss are realities for military families: realities which can have a significant impact on family well-being.
Established in 1989, the MFRC has been committed to supporting military families as they navigate these unique challenges through programs and services that enhance the strength and resilience of military families
We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of military spouses, CF members, and ex-officio members. Our MFRC depends on the talents and skills of these dedicated volunteers to make guiding decisions.
Qualified staff from a variety of backgrounds direct and coordinate MFRC programs and services.
The MFRC is a non-profit society registered under the Alberta Society's Act. The agency is also registered with Revenue Canada as a charitable organization.
J'lyn Nye, co-host of 630 CHED Afternoon News, former news anchor for News Hour Final on Global Edmonton and Honourary Colonel .
The Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre supports military families as they navigate the unique challenges of military life through programs and services that enhance their strength and resilience.
Core Value Statement
Strong military families are the foundation of the Canadian Armed Forces.