Support Our Troops is offering new funding opportunities for current serving CAF families in Alberta! The Support Our Troops Fund receives proceeds from the sale of Support Our Troops license plates in Alberta. This funding will support the following:
Helping Children Stay in Touch During a Deployment
Helping Children Stay in Touch during a deployment of 90 days or more!
For families supporting children of deployed members, up to $250 per family may be available to assist with the purchase or subsidization of a tablet/iPAD. The intent of this support is to help children stay connected via social media with the parent that is away from home.
Supporting documentation required: copies of CFTPO, MPRR (reflecting number of children), paid receipt, completed Support Our Troops forms.
- This is a one-time purchase.
- Phones are not included in this program.
- CAF member’s deployment date(s) and location.
- Member must be deployed a minimum of 90 days (90 consecutive days must be reflected on the CFTPO “in theatre” or “in training” and the deployment must extend 90 or longer from April 1, 2018. Travel days are not included.)
- Funding can be requested no more than two weeks before the deployment (as indicated on the CFTPO)
Contact the Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre for more details on these requirements.
P. (780) 973-4011 ext. 6300