Wellness Resources & Services
Complex and Special Needs
Staff at the Esquimalt MFRC offer support for Canadian Armed Forces families with a family member with extra needs. They can:
Need assistance? Give the MFRC a call at 250-363-2640.
- develop a support plan for persons with diverse needs
- work together with someone to create a plan for upcoming deployments
- provide support for people who are caring for an elderly family member
- help families prepare when they are posting in or out of Greater Victoria
- help families navigate the education or health care system and local resources during a relocation or new diagnosis
- advocate for services for a family
Emergency Family Plan
You need to plan ahead for the unexpected. If something happened to an at-home family member during a deployment, you need to have a workable emergency family plan. The MFRC can help you develop your plan, look at ways to build your support system and may be able to provide some assistance upon assessment.
Individuals, couples and families can access counselling sessions at the MFRC in a confidential atmosphere of support. Registered social workers and clinical counsellors provide support with stress, relationship issues, parenting challenges, the military lifestyle plus much more. The MFRC also provides quality referrals to outside counselling resources and specialized support services. Call 250-363-2640 for details.
Veteran Family Program
The MFRC’s mandate now includes medically-released veterans and their families for a two-year period after they release from the Canadian Armed Forces. The MFRC can provide:
If you need assistance, call the MFRC at 250-363-2640 to speak to the Veteran Family Coordinator.
- One-on-one support navigating the civilian health care, employment, and mental health systems
- Help finding appropriate community resources for a family member
- Short-term counselling or social work services
- Transition programs and workshops