Relocation Services & Resources
Employment and Education Support
For employment and education support, the MFRC refers families to employment agencies in the greater community. The MFRC website has links for the local employment agencies and education services. You can also check out www.workbc.ca.
MFRC 24-Hour Information Line
MFRC staff members are ready to take your call - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They can answer your questions, provide assistance in an emergency or do the research to find the information you need. Call 250-363-2640 (toll free: 1-800-353-3329).
Military Family ID Card
It takes just 10 minutes to get this valuable ID card. The card is available to all regular and reserve military family members age 13 years and up. Use it to access base services such as the Naden Athletic Centre and to receive discounts from local businesses. The CAF member must be present to sign the card at the time of issue. If your partner is deployed or on course, contact the MFRC to make special arrangements. The MFID is available at Signal Hill MFRC and CPAC MFRC.
Posting In / Posting Out?
FamilyNavigator.ca is a national, bilingual website that provides information for each base in Canada. It can help you learn about:
- the schools in your new area
- what the housing market is like
- how to find a family doctor
- what the employment prospects are like for family members
- the availability of child care
- how to set up services for a family member with complex needs
When you arrive in Victoria, be sure to pick up your Welcome Bag from either MFRC location.
In it, you will receive:
Many resources, including the Welcome Book, are also available for download at the EsquimaltMFRC.com.
- The MFRC’s Welcome Book – a comprehensive guide to CFB Esquimalt and Greater Victoria
- Area maps including bike and trail maps
- Visitor guides for the Greater Victoria area
- MFRC swag and more!