Disability Service Providers

Island Health Authority

Phone: 250-370-8699 - Primary Service Provider
Toll Free: 1-877-370-8699

VIHA Home and Community Care provides a range of health care and support services to help improve the health, quality of life, and independence of people with a physical disability and in your own home for as long as possible.

Information for Persons with Disabilities

This website offers a complete listing of all supports provided by the B.C. government.

Community Living BC

Community Living BC supports adults living in BC with developmental disabilities and their families. They can help develop a support plan and find local resources in your community.

Victoria Disability Resource Centre

Phone: (250) 595-0044

The Victoria Disability Resource Centre is a not-for-profit organization that helps people with all types of disabilities lead independent lives. They help to link clients and community organizations with services that benefit them.

Island Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre (IDHHC)

Phone: 250-592-8144 or 1 800-667-5448 (Voice)
TTY: 250-592-8147 or 1 877-667-5488

The IDHHC provides counselling and support services for persons with hearing loss. Some of the programs provided included counselling to help families and persons cope with hearing loss, technical aids program, support groups, employment support and integration, and many more.


CNIB provides support and information for Canadians with vision loss.  Their website is the link to a variety of services in your local community and provides research and information.

B.C. Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation-B.C. Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities

Phone: 1-866-866-0800

The British Columbia Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Program (BCEA) promotes greater independence for people with disabilities, including income security. In addition, the BCEA Program recognizes that people with disabilities may require additional supports, such as a higher assistance rate, supplementary assistance and specialized employment supports in order to meet the challenges of daily living and move towards greater independence.

BC Travel Assistance Program (TAP)

The BC Travel Assistance Program (TAP) helps alleviate some of the medical transportation costs through providing financial assistance to residents of British Columbia who have to travel within the province for non-emergency medical specialist services not available in their own community. Residents must be referred by a physician or nurse practitioner for non-emergency MSP insured specialist medical services which are not available locally to qualify for this program. TAP forms are only available by your physician or a nurse practitioner at the time a referral is made. Once you have received your form and referral you can contact the TAP automated application service 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-661-2668.

Canada Revenue Agency - Disability Tax Credit  (DTC)

The disability amount is a non-refundable tax credit that a person with a severe and prolonged impairment in physical or mental functions can claim to reduce the amount of income tax he or she has to pay in a year.