Building 88, Naden
Update July 07 2021: Based on the newest Provincial direction, pre-registration is no longer required to access the facility. Indoor high intensity and low intensity group exercise is allowed with normal capacity. All outdoor and indoor group sports for adults and youth are allowed.
Per CFB Esquimalt base directives, masks must be worn while transitioning through the facility.
Naden Athletic Centre is currently available to Military, Veterans, DND Civlians, Staff of Non Public Funds, Military Families, Veteran Families, DND Families, RCMP, Canadian Coast Gaurd and Honourary Colonels/Captains, with valid ID.
Patrons must respect all facility policies including, but not limited to:
If you need to talk to a PSP staff member in their office, please respect capacity restrictions and be cognizant of other people in shared offices.
- Masks must be worn while transitoning through facility.
- Physical distancing must be adhered to at all times
- Hands must be sanitized or washed upon entry to the facility
- Patrons are responsible for sanitizing equipment before and after use, with products supplied, this will include lockers and shower knobs.
- Health screening questions will be asked by the facilities staff upon entrance to the facility.
- Valid ID must be shown to facilities staff.
- Patrons are asked not to congregate or linger in the facility, please conduct your workout and depart the building.
It is expected that all patrons will respect PSP staff and the directions they provide while in the facility.
Drop in sports are not available at this time as the gym floors are being used for other activities.
Do not come to the gym if you are feeling unwell.
If you have any questions relating to gym access you can contact the Naden Athletic Centre front desk at 250-363-5677 during operational hours or email email@example.com
Please note that masks are required to access all DND facilities, as per CDS directive issued Sept. 24 2020.
About the NAC:
Our primary complex is home to:
- FORCE testing and bootcamp workouts in the gymnasiums.
- Health and wellness classes that inspire clients' minds and bodies.
- Squash, badminton, and volleyball games on our indoor and outdoor courts.
- Self-directed or personal training in our cardio and weight studios.
- Fleet training exercises, club practices, and recreation swims in the pool.
- Friendly faces in PSP Esquimalt's Administration Offices.
Sunday and Holidays: 0800-1300hrs
Updated pool hours can be found here
* Hours subject to change - please call 250-363-5677 to confirm
Monday to Friday - 0800-1600hrs
NAC Kiosk 250-363-5677
- One large gym floor - currently only available for Base team sports by reservation and FORCE Testing.
- One smaller gym floor - currently being used for individual work out pods
- Five-lane swimming pool (25 meter)
- Leisure wading pool
- One steam room - closed
- Large hot tub - closed
- Two weight-training rooms - part of the weight room is closed for general use (available to Reconditioning clients by appointment)
- TATP Area (black matted area) M-F opens at 1100hrs. All day Saturday and Sunday
- Cardio theatre
- Three squash courts
- Three softball diamonds
- One soccer pitch
- Two outdoor volleyball courts
To make a booking for any Base Facility (i.e. sports fields, pool, gym) a written request is required. Please contact the Facilities Coordinator by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 250-363-4315 a minimum of 12 weeks prior to the event. Note: military training takes priority on all bookings.