The goal of our Deployment Support program is to provide resources and support that meet families’ needs as a result of deployment, including pre-deployment, during deployment and after deployment. Family separation and reunion occur at most military sites, whether through deployment, training or other tasks. If you are a member who meets this criteria or a family member who would like to take advantage of our services, please contact Colleen Hiscock, Deployment Support Coordinator at 709-256-1703 Local 1202 for more information on the services available to you.
Outreach, Information, Support and Assistance to CAF Family Members (Regular Force/Reserve) – enhances the ability of CAF members to be ready for duty and supports the well-being of family members before, during and after periods of separation.
Where are you located in Newfoundland?
The Objective of Deployment Services is as follows:
- If you live West of Clarenville you should contact the Gander MFRC @ 709-256-1703 ext. 1202
- If you live East of Clarenville you should contact the St. John’s MFRC @ 709-570-4900 ext 4548.
- If you live in Labrador you should contact the Goose Bay MFRC @ 709-896-6900 ext 6060.
Things We Do:
- Families are aware of and have access to relevant programs and services designed to help them manage CAF related separation and reunion
- Families are aware of and prepared for the challenges they may encounter before, during and after seperation
- Families have opportunities to connect with and support each other during periods of separation
- Families have help to deal with crisis before, during and after periods of separation
- Services are developed in coordination and partnership with all stakeholders; e.g. MFRC, rear parties, COs, local service providers, etc.
- Develop information packages related to deployment and to help prepare members and their families for the time away
- Host information sessions for the CAF member and their family related to deployment and separation
- Place warm line calls to family members on an as needed basis
- Build support groups to help families
- Offer workshops in different areas to help make the deployment and separation easier
- Plan activities for families to socialize
- Liaise with other MFRC's and organizations to create new ideas in coping with the separation
- Offer children Deployment Support Programs
- Information package mail outs
- Briefings on programs available
- Warm line calls
- Free package mailing service (See Parcel Service page for more details)
- Social Events/Educational Seminars
- Respite/Emergency Childcare (See Emergency Childcare page for more details)
- Children's Support Programs
For more information, please contact Colleen Hiscock, Deployment Support Coordinator at (709)-256-1703 ext. 1202 or toll free 1-(800)-866-4546
- Reunion preparation information packages
- Follow up services
- Counselling sessions or meetings can be arranged with the Social Worker at the Military Family Resource Centre or with the Member Assistance Program if needed. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.