The IPSC Family Liaison Officer/MFRC Social Worker can provide you with any of the following Mental Health services:
- Confidential individual, family or group counselling
- Referrals to mental health services for adults and children
- Access to education and prevention-based programs in the community
- Short-term individual or group support for families
- Outreach support to families in the surrounding area.
Short-term counselling sessions (anywhere from 1-5 meetings) are available. These sessions are free of charge.
Common issues/areas of practice include:
- Personal Development
- Trauma Issues
- Parent/Child issues
Information and referral is available to individuals and families who require additional or specialized services within the military and civilian communities.
Referrals are generally recommended for the following areas:
- Long term counselling
- Financial counselling
- Addictions Assessments
- Medical services
- Child/Adolescent therapy
- Mediation services
- Legal services
- Support groups
The services outlined above are available free of charge to the CAF members and their families. Contact Kim Elms, GMFRC Social Worker at 256-1703 loc. 1146 for more information on these services.