125 meter indoor rubberized 2 lane running track is located on the upper level of the FS Centre. In addition to the two stairwells on either end of the track it also has an elevator available for those with mobility issues. The track runs clockwise on Mon, Wed, Fri, & Sun and counter clockwise on Tues, Thurs & Sat.
The side of the track has open spaces which provides an area for additional fitness equipment. The following equipment is located on the upper level:
- Chin up bars
- Kettle bells, Kettle balls and Medicine balls
- Matrix Universal
- 2 Ellipticals
- Wave Trainer
- Upright Bikes
- Spin Cycle
- Plyometric Boxes
- MMA area with speed/heavy bag and BOB mannequin
- Ski Erg
- Jogging Stroller
Quick Reference Distances
1 lap - 125 m 12.8 laps - 1 mile
8 laps - 1 km 19.2 laps - 1.5 mile
- Walkers must use the inside lane and allow faster runners the outside lane.
- Please do not crossover lanes without looking to ensure you are not cutting in front of someone
- No more then two walking abreast on the track
Rules and Regulations
- Proper footwear and clothing must be worn at all times. (NO sandals, socks or bare feet permitted and a minimum of a tank top and shorts must be worn.)
- No outdoor shoes permitted on the equipment, non-marking shoes only
- Must be 12 years of age or older to use the track.
- To use track equipment users must be 16 years or older. Between the ages of 12 – 15 equipment on the track can be used if they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. Definition of direct supervision is within arms-length.
- No gym bags or extra clothing is permitted please use lockers.
- Proper use of equipment required.
- Please put all equipment back to their proper location.
- Please respect military, DND, and NPF employee priority training times.
- Absolutely no food or drink (other than water / nutritional drink in an unbreakable container) is permitted.
- To ensure proper safety and enjoyment of all users, please familiarize yourself with all rules and regulations of this facility.
- Please report any unauthorized use or abuse to the front desk.