BECOME AN AQUATIC INSTRUCTOR!
Course Dates To Be Determined
Online Learning Component
Co-Teaching Component begings
Classroom & Pool Sessions
15 years of age, Bronze Cross or Red Cross Assistance Lifeguard certification; Red Cross Swim Kids 10 or ability to perform all strokes and skills at a Swim Kids 10 level.
Water Safety Skills and Stroke Evaluation
(Date to be determined)
WSI Online Learning and Classroom & Pool Component
- Strokes - Front crawl, back crawl, breast stroke, elementary back stroke, and side stroke;
- Skills - Strike entry, disorienting entries, shallow dive, eggbeater/surface support, feet & head first surface dives, throwing assists with and without line, reaching assist with rescue equipment, suspected spinal injury, drowning swimmer recognition, assistive carry deep water, rescue of a submerged person, assistive removal of conscious perfrom from deep water, walking assist;
- First Aid Skills - evaluated and tested during the classroom and pool component;
- Candidate must pass the Skills and Stroke evaluation in order to continue to the online learning, classroom and pool component.
- Cost $40.00 (HST included)
(Upon successful completion of the skills and stroke evaluation)
- Online Learning - approximately 20 hour online course to be completed prior to co-teach, classroom and pool component;
- Co-Teach - complete an entire session (10 weeks) following a WSI Instructor;
- Classroom & Pool Sessions
- Cost $325.00 (HST included) includes manuals with online password, classroom and pool session.
100% ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY
Register online - www.bk.cfpsa.com/greenwoodpub/courses
Contact the Aquatic Coordinator at 902-765-1494 local 5564 for more information