About Sports Day:
The 8th edition of CAF Sports Day will take place on Thurs, Oct 22, 2020. Due to current Covid-19 restrictions, this year will look a little different than previous years. PSP will be offering an opportunity to support CAF Sports Day through both live and virtual activities.
The following live activities will be offered:
Live activities are open to CAF military members only. Space is limited and registration is required. To confirm your spot, contact your Unit Sports Rep to register. If you do not have a Unit Sports Rep or are unable to get a hold of them, please contact:
CFB Stadacona and HMC Dockyard Units – 427-1469 – Isaac.Habib@forces.gc.ca
12 Wing Shearwater Units – 720-1072 – Mary.Thompson@forces.gc.ca
Not able to participate in a live activity?
The entire military community can support CAF Sports Day virtually by completing a run, walk or bike ride between Oct 18 and Oct 31. Simply complete the route and distance of your choice on the day of your choice. Submit your result to your Unit Sports Rep or one of the POCs above so you can be included in the total participation numbers.
Get active and support CAF Sports Day!
2020 CAF Sports Day Covid-19 Protocols
The following protocols will be followed to ensure compliance with provincial guidelines as they relate to Covid-19:
1. Any change in Covid-19 restrictions may necessitate modification or cancellation of activities to stay in line with provincial guidelines.
2. As of Oct 1 in Nova Scotia, participants in organized sports (recreational, amateur and professional) can gather in groups of up to 50 people without social distancing for practices, competitions and games.
3. The outdoor gathering limit with social distancing for social events, spectators of sports and organized physical activity that are run by a recognized business or organization is 250 people.
4. As a result of the current gathering limits due to Covid-19 both live and virtual activities will be available for CAF Sports Day. Activities that usually have larger numbers (exceed 250) like runs, walks and bike rides will be done as virtual events.
5. Each facility being used already has approved resumption plans in place that address the number of people allowed in their various spaces (ie. gym floors, locker rooms, etc.). Registration limits will be set for each live activity that correspond to the gathering limits identified in each facility.
6. Participants must pre-register for all activities to ensure adequate tracking.
7. Participants are to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled activity.
8. When not participating in an activity, social distancing and mask use are mandatory.
9. Pre-screening questions for Covid-19 symptoms will be addressed prior to the start of all activities. Anyone with any symptoms will not be allowed to participate.
10. All activities will be supervised and monitored to ensure Covid-19 protocols are followed.
11. Supervising staff will wear a mask at all times and gloves when disinfecting equipment.
12. All equipment will be sanitized before and after each activity.