Located off Caldwell Road in Shearwater, MacDonald Beach is the ideal location for families to relax on a hot summer day or for companies or sections to hold summer BBQs.
Wednesday - Sunday: 1100h - 1700h
NO PERSONAL BBQ’s ALLOWED.
- The beach is lifeguarded from 11-5pm Wednesday – Sunday
- Free equipment for use – weather dependant (canoes, kayaks, stand up paddle boards)
- Lifejackets available
- Beach chairs and picnic tables
- Washrooms/Change rooms
- Washer toss
- Beach volleyball
- Soccer nets
- There is space to have bouncy castles (glow parties is very familiar with our beach)
- No power sources (generators required)
- We have a water vending machine/ snacks at the beach!
- Equipment is on a first come first serve basis.
- Equipment is limited to 30-60 minute time periods.
- Must be 16 years or older to use the canoes. Those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 16.
- Children 14 and up may use the kayaks and stand up paddle boards. With the supervision of an adult.
- Listen and obey lifeguards at all time.
- If you hear a whistle. Stop, look, and listen.
- Respect the equipment.
- Do not go outside the designated area, explained by the staff.
- If you can no longer see the beach or the lifeguards you have gone too far
- Lifejacket must be worn at all times.
- No standing up in the boat.
- Do not rock, tip, flip or fill the boats with water.
375 MacDonalds Beach Rd.
Eastern Passage, NS
(Approximately 20 minutes from downtown Halifax)
*See map below
For more information, please contact:
Neiley Terrio, PSP at 902-720-1777