Located off Caldwell Road in Shearwater, MacDonald Beach is the ideal location for families to relax on a hot summer day or for companies or sections to hold summer BBQs.
Wednesday - Sunday: 1100h - 1700h
NO PERSONAL BBQ’s ALLOWED.
- The beach is lifeguarded from 11-5pm Wednesday – Sunday
- Free equipment for use – weather dependant (kayaks & stand up paddle boards)
- Lifejackets available
- Beach chairs and picnic tables
- Washrooms/Change rooms
- Washer toss
- Beach volleyball
- Soccer nets
- There is space to have bouncy castles (glow parties is very familiar with our beach)
- No power sources (generators required)
- We have a water vending machine/ snacks at the beach!
KAYAK & SUP BOARD REGULATIONS
- Lifeguards have the right to open and close the rentals at their discretion in order to maintain facility and patron safety (i.e. weather conditions, and bather numbers).
- Rentals are limited to 15-20 minute time periods.
- Once beach is open, individuals can sign up to use the equipment. A wait list will be started, if you do return to use the equipment when it is ready, the staff will move to the next in line.
- Rentals close at 4:00pm, so staff can inspect equipment and store away.
- Children 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult (16 years +).
- Children 12-15 years are able to use a single person Kayak or SUP board on their own as long as they are accompanied by an adult (16 years +).
- Listen and obey lifeguards at all time.
- If you hear a whistle. Stop, look, and listen.
- Respect the equipment, report any damage.
- Do not go outside the designated area, explained by the staff.
- If you can no longer see the beach or the lifeguards you have gone too far.
- Lifejacket must be worn at all times and properly fastened.
- Do not stand up, rock, tip, flip or fill the Kayaks with water.
- Lifeguards may use their discretion to ask patrons to come back in before their rental time is up. This may be due to weather conditions, misuse of equipment, or not following instructions given.
375 MacDonalds Beach Rd.
Eastern Passage, NS
(Approximately 20 minutes from downtown Halifax)
*See map below
For more information, please contact:
Neiley Terrio, PSP at 902-720-1777