Finding and retaining employment can be a challenge for military spouses for a variety of reasons. Together, Military Family Services (MFS) and MFRCs work to promote the military spouse population in Canada to regional and national employers.
Military Spousal Employment Network
MFS has recently launched the Military Spousal Employment Network, developed as part of a suite of employment and entrepreneurship programs and services available to military spouses. The Network is a self-directed resource where military spouses can directly access employers and employment opportunities. Some of the tools available include an online job board and virtual career fairs with participating employers located in multiple locations across Canada.
If you are currently seeking employment this resource is for you.
To begin Connecting with Employers—Join the Network!
National Capital Region Career Fair
On May 30, 2019 (1-4pm EST), Military Family Services will be hosting an in-person career fair in the National Capital Region as part of the Military Spousal Employment Network. This career event is open to military and veteran spouses as well as the Canadian Armed Forces Community. Join us for a career training session, meet employers, ask questions, & apply for positions in the National Capital Region. Please note that participants can come and go as they please throughout the event.
Pre-register today and if you are part of the Military Spousal Employment Network, you can indicate that you would like us to share your resume with employers before the Career Fair. Drop-in or pre-register here.
|1:00 to 4:00PM
||Military Spouse Career Training
||Networking with employers and refreshments
||Free professional headshots for your LinkedIn profile
Register today in two easy steps:
- When? Thursday, May 30, 2019, 1pm to 4pm (participants can come and go as they please)
- Where? Ottawa Conference and Event Centre | 200 Coventry Road, Ottawa ON
- Who is this event for? Military and veteran spouses as well as the larger Canadian Armed Forces Community
- Other info: Free Parking | Free Wifi | Refreshments provided
- Do I need to register to attend? No, but if you register in advance you can have your resume distributed to participating employers.
Contact email@example.com for all questions.
- Join the Network
- Register for the Career Fair