What is Emergency Childcare (ECC)?
Emergency Childcare means a need for childcare arising from an unexpected event that would prevent the parent or usual caregiver from providing care. Some examples are the sudden illness of a parent or a sudden deployment that does not allow the family sufficient time to implement their childcare plan.
- To help CF families meet unexpected childcare needs that are a direct result of their CF duty requirements.
- To enhance and support Family Care Plan (FCP).
- To support CF families during short-term crises until they are able to make longer-term child care arrangements.
- ECC is available to CF families at all times, day or night.
- Emergencies do not include recurring events during the course of a year.
- Emergency situations are expected to be resolved within a 24 to 72 hour period.
What do I do if my Family Care Plan (FCP) falls through
If your FCP falls through, C/MFRC is authorized to fund up to 72 continuous hours of emergency childcare in certain circumstances.
How do I access Emergency Childcare?
To access the Emergency Childcare service you need to call the KMFRC main office at (613) 541-5010 ext. 5195.
fter hours Emergency Childcare is coordinated through the Base Duty Centre at 613-541-5010 ext. 5330