It's Time to Butt Out
Butt Out Challenge
Invest in your HEALTH. Increase your WEALTH. Live in the GREEN.
The Butt Out Challenge will guide you towards a tobacco free lifestyle and you will be eligible
TO WIN AMAZING PRIZES!*
*Registration now closed*
What is the Challenge?
The goal of the Butt Out Challenge is to motivate you to quit tobacco (cigarettes, cigars/cigarillo’s, chew or e-cigarettes) with education and support from the Strengthening the Forces-Health Promotion Butt Out Program.
• Subject Matter Experts on the benefits of tobacco cessation.
• FREE Tobacco Cessation Medication and Nicotine Replacement Therapy (*CAF members only).
• Free support and tools on your own schedule.
PLUS there are over $400 in prizes to be won* to motivate you on your journey to quit!
Challenge Categories and How to Win
The Butt Out Challenge has FOUR categories:
- 100% Butt Out: Participants who commit to be 100% tobacco/vape free during the entire challenge will be eligible for a chance to WIN.
- 50% Butt Out: Participants who have cut back their tobacco/vape use by 50% by the end of this challenge will be eligible for a chance to WIN.
- Stay Butt Out: Participants who have Butt Out for at least one month prior to registering for the challenge AND have remained tobacco/vape free until the end of the challenge will be eligible for a chance to WIN.
- Butt Out Support Person: A person who is identified, by a participant upon registration, as a Supporter will be eligible for a chance to WIN.
Participate in ONE of the FOUR categories based on your personal Butt Out goals.
*NPF employees are not eligible to win.
CHALLENGE BEGINS MONDAY, 4 JANUARY 2021
Every Monday (except for Family Day, 15 February & March Break, 15 March) a Butt Out webinar will be available for you. For your convenience, during the challenge, webinars can be viewed on your own time.
The Butt Out webinars provide education, support, tips and tools on quitting tobacco. Webinars will include, support from Health Promotion, Base Pharmacy, SISIP Financial and Fitness & Sports. For the Butt Out Challenge important dates and webinar schedule please click here.
You will have access to the Butt Out Program self-guided workbook.
A calendar will be provided online (to be printed off) for you to track your progress. [Below]
A Butt Out Challenge Facebook group will be set-up to allow for peer support and to receive information and resources throughout the challenge. Joining the challenge Facebook group is not mandatory. Participants will be encouraged to post tips, stories, words of encouragement, and status on progress within the group.
CHALLENGE ENDS FRIDAY, 26 MARCH 2021
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED WEDNESDAY, 31 MARCH 2021
CLICK HERE FOR OFFICAL RULES AND ELIGIBILITY