MVP+ Members Upcoming Opportunities Corner
February 2 to 8:
Have you ever wanted to try Tai Chi ? .. or maybe just learn a little more about it ?
To celebrate its 50th year, Kingston Taoist Tai Chi is welcoming everyone to attend one of their FREE / OPEN HOUSE classes during the first week of February 2020.
Here are just some of their FREE class options:
- Sunday, February 2 from 2 to 4 pm: St. Andrews By the Lake - Hall at 1 Redden St, near the corner of Days Road & Front Road.
- Monday, February 3 from 9 to 11 am: St. Andrews By the Lake - Hall at 1 Redden St, near the corner of Days Road & Front Road.
- Wednesday, February 5 from 10 am to 12 pm: St. Andrews By the Lake - Hall at 1 Redden St, near the corner of Days Road & Front Road.
- Thursday, February 6 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm: Christ Church Cataraqui - Hall at 990 Sydenham Rd, South off Hwy 401, Exit # 613.
- Friday, February 7 from 10 am to 12 pm: Christ Church Cataraqui - Hall at 990 Sydenham Rd, South off Hwy 401, Exit # 613.
- Saturday, February 8 from 10 am to 12 pm: Sydenham United Church at 82 Sydenham St, Downtown Kingston.
Family Day Activities. Click here for more.
Canada Company presents its 6th Annual Military Ski Day on Friday February 28th, 2020 at Calabogie Peaks Ski Resort. Military members and their family ski for free. Rentals are at no cost and lunch will be provided. $25 vouchers from either Stinson (gas) or Farm Boy (groceries) will be given to the first 400 military skiers on the mountain.
To register, click on the following link : https://form.jotform.com/200163408672046
Various dates in February:
Health & Wellness Education Sessions available FREE of charge for MVP+ Members, their spouse/partner and dependents who are 18 years & older!
These sessions are packed full of great information and are led by our Health Promotion specialists here at the CFB Kingston Base Gym.
Top Fuel for Top Performance
Are you eating enough to fuel your activity ?!
Thursdays, 8 am to 12 pm
Feb 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2020 (must attend all four sessions)
Stress Take Charge (0830-1200hrs)
Examine stress within your life and explore strategies you can practice.
Fridays 8:30 amto 12:00 pm
Feb 7, 14, 21, 28 (must attend all four sessions)
Mental Fitness & Suicide Awareness (0800 - 1600hrs)
Promote mental fitness & how to lessen the incidence of mental health injuries & self-harm.
Tuesday, Feb 11
8 am to 4 pm
Weight Wellness Lifestyle Program
Learn realistic ways to lose weight & keep it off!
Tuesdays 12:30 to 4pm
Feb 18, 25 and Mar 3,10, 24, 31 (must attend all six sessions)
Injury Reduction Strategies for Physical Activity
Learn simple strategies to help reduce your chance of injury.
Monday, Feb 24 12:30 to 4pm
To register for any of these sessions, please visit this link:
https://www.cafconnection.ca/Kingston/Adults/Health/Health-Promotion/How-to-Register.aspx Note: When registering, under Supervisor, please list Kerri Hollywood (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further information, please contact our CFB Kingston Health Promotion Department at: email@example.com