11 Navy Way
Kingston ON K7K 7B4
613-541-5010 ext 8752
BASE GYM REOPENING PLAN - CURRENT PHASE: 1A
Following the provincial government’s announcement of the move to Stage 3 of reopening for most of Ontario, the Kingston Military Community Sports Centre (Base Gym) will reopen on 8 September 2020.
The health and safety of all members of the CFB Kingston military community is our primary focus. After review and consideration of all applicable regulations, policies, guidelines, and in collaboration with the Base Surgeon and Personnel Support Programs staff, it has been determined that a gradual approach to reopening the facility would be best to allow flexibility towards any new developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Base Gym reopening consists of 3 Phases:
Phase 1A - as of 8 Sept 2020:
Initial reopening with primary focus on CAF member PT. Military members can obtain more information on Phase 1A at the following link: http://kingston.mil.ca/notices/2020/august/covid/ (DWAN only)
For a video with details on Phase 1A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0eFiAPBlzg
Phase 1B - Date TBD:
Focus remains on CAF member PT. Same options available to serving CAF members as in Phase 1A with the addition of Unit PT in Cardio and Weight rooms.
Phase 2 - Date TBD:
Open to the above personnel and Regular, Ordinary, Associate Base gym members with restricted hours. Date TBD.
Phase 3 -TBD:
Open as per pre-COVID-19 protocol. Restricted hours removed. Date TBD.
Safety and precautionary measures in place:
· Check-in procedure in place including a mandatory COVID-19 screening questionnaire (www.pspkingston.com/survey), temperature check, as well as a tracking list;
· Directional arrows as well as equipment and areas marked out-of-bounds to enforce physical distancing;
· Increased cleaning and sanitization schedule;
· Mandatory face coverings must be worn in all areas of the facility except when a member is in a training square (see video below).
· Fountains accessible for water bottle refill only; and
· Masks are a personal responsibility (an emergency stock is available).
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation.
The CFB Kingston Personnel Support Programs (PSP Kingston) Fitness, Sports and Recreation departments are dedicated to providing a warm, welcoming, exciting and safe environment for people of all ages. Please remember that safely sharing this environment with others requires everyone to be responsible, courteous, and respectful.
It is important to note that the KMCSC operates under an “Age Access Policy”. A copy of the policy is available at the membership office and you will also find it posted throughout the building. This policy provides guidelines for using the facility with your children and it is strictly enforced, please read it carefully.