Strong Families, Strong Communities
- The member’s spouse or common-law partner who is normally residing with the member at the member’s place of duty or who, if living separately, is doing so for military reasons;
- A relative by blood, marriage, common-law partnership, adoption legally, is normally resident with the member or for whom the member may claim a personal exemption under the Income Tax Act;
- A child, under the age of 19, who is normally resident with the member and for whom the member would have been eligible to claim a personal exemption under the Income Tax Act if the child were a relative by blood, marriage, common law partnership, adoption legally or, in fact, for whom the member has accepted full financial responsibility and has commenced adoption proceedings;
- A child or legal ward of the spouse or common-law partners and the member who is single and in full-time attendance at school or university and is under the age of 26; and
- A family member who is permanently residing with the member, but who is precluded from qualifying as a dependant under the Income Tax Act because the family member receives a pension.