Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP)
HEALTH CARD AND ONTARIO HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN (OHIP)
How to apply
You have to apply IN PERSON at a Service Ontario location:
• 1201 Division Street – 1-800-267-8097 (bilingual)
• 1650 Bath Road – (613) 536-5722
You can drop in or book an appointment.
Documents to bring with you to Service Ontario:
A complete list of qualifying identification documents is available at:
1. You can register your child that is under 15 ½ year old.
If your child is 15 ½ years old or older, he/she needs to go in person to get a picture and sign his/her card.
2. There is no waiting period for military families. You are covered as soon as you register at Service Ontario. The military member has to come with you to show military ID. In case the member is unable to come with you, the KMFRC can provide a letter as a proof that you are indeed a military family. If you need the letter, please contact us at 613-541-5010 ext.5195 or come to see us in person at 32 Lundy’s Lane
3. If you need help with your health card, you can contact the helpline at 1-888-333-8545. A Customer service representative specializing in military family assistance will respond.