Veteran Family Program (VFP)/Information and Referral Coordinator
The Mainland BC Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) is a registered charitable organization serving approximately 2000 families throughout the province. With a belief that the strongest force is family, we offer resources and services in three main areas: wellness; work-related separation (deployments and training exercises); joining a new community (moving to a new city, transitioning in or out of the military).
About the role:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Veteran Family Program/Information and Referral Coordinator will act as a bridge between Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members, veterans and their families and the services offered in their respective communities across British Columbia (except Vancouver Island and Haida Gwaii). This position will be the first point of contact and is responsible for welcoming clients and providing an orientation to MFRC services either online, via phone or in person. The successful candidate will work closely with MFRC staff and relevant service providers to obtain and distribute information about services through outreach and liaison with community agencies and ensure referrals are appropriate to each client’s needs. The Veteran Family Program/Information and Referral Coordinator will actively promote awareness of the MFRC services including individualized needs assessment, enhanced information and referral, national transition initiatives, and access to intervention support.
The Veteran Family Program/Information and Referral Coordinator will demonstrate the ability to support a diverse population and takes initiative to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for clients and staff.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide accurate information regarding MFRC services and supports available to CAF members, veterans and their families
- Establish contact with families to assist them in their navigation of relevant military and civilian resources and services
- Conduct needs assessments and develop individualized action plans including appropriate referrals to community resources and follow-up protocols
- Research and expand referral source database for services across BC, excluding Vancouver Island and Haida Gwaii; maintain up to date referral contacts and information in database
- Facilitate referrals to appropriate professionals and/or service organizations
- Provide follow-up with families to ensure referrals are meeting their needs
- Coordinate the collection of statistical data, and ensure all data is reported as requested
- Liaise with other community agencies and Veteran Family Program coordinators
- Assists with development, improvement and evaluation of referral procedures related to service and quality improvement measures, ensuring goals are outcome based and measurable
- Promote MFRC and Veteran Family Program among families
As the successful candidate, you are engaging and resourceful as the first point of contact at MFRC. You are a people person and engage others in a supported and professional manner, and can effectively assess a situation and provide relevant options. You are self-directed and can function independently yet also build rapport with colleagues and other stakeholders into solid working relationships. You have a passion for helping people and enjoy researching new services and supports. You value those who serve and have served in the military and appreciate that families in all variations as critical building blocks of society. You will enjoy working in a small office, and will be willing when necessary, to cover duties not directly assigned to your position, but that contribute to a collaborative team atmosphere.
Your other qualifications will include:
- Background in social services, either through education, experience, or both
- Strong problem-solving skills required to coordinate multiple resources; attention to detail and organizational skills are required to research and manage databases
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills are needed as the role requires frequent communication with clients, office staff, community service providers and other stakeholders
- Effective customer service skills in person and virtually, including confidentiality, communication and de-escalation
- Working with and supporting individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google applications and overall computer proficiency including data administration utilizing databases
- Familiarity with geography of Metro Vancouver as well as the rest of the province
- An understanding of issues facing military and veteran families will be helpful, as will an understanding of Canadian Armed Forces and Veterans Affairs Canada services
- BC Driver’s License with a clear record
This is a NEW position at MFRC, and we are thrilled to expand our team! This position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), Monday to Friday, although some evening or weekend work may be required. Some travel including overnight stays will also be required based on operational need as MFRC serves all of British Columbia, excluding Vancouver Island and Haida Gwaii. Some travel to national meetings in various cities will also be required. The position is available immediately. The salary range for this position is $23-24.50/hour with 3 weeks’ vacation to start and a good benefit package.
Our office is located near the Burrard Street bridge in Kitsilano, walking distance to Vanier Park and Granville Island. We are on good transit routes, and there is also free parking available. We also offer some flexibility around work hours/days of work. MFRC fosters an office environment that is welcoming and inclusive, ensuring a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.
Please submit a .pdf of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 27th, 2019.
Emailed enquiries about this position are welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org