Groups, Trainings, Conferences and Worshops
The Family Liaison Officer provides information and raises awareness regarding various issues coping and adaptation, stress, grieving, emotion management, mental health, etc.) in training workshops, conferences and group meetings.
The workshops and groups are organized upon request. If you would like to take part in a workshop or join an educational or support group, we encourage you to call or e-mail us.
- March 2020 : Separation et divorce (legal aspects), 4815 chemin de la savane à Saint-Hubert. Other information and registration to come. Offered in French. Registration by crfmmfrcmtl.ca
- April 2020 : Post traumatic stress disorder, 320 seminaire boul. Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu. Other information and registration to come. Offered in English Registration by crfmmfrcmtl.ca
- June 2020: Death, serious illness/injury – mandates and will. Other information and registration to come. Offered in French Registration by crfmmfrcmtl.ca
Retreats « Transition strategies for military member and their spouses from military to civilian life; psychosocial aspects » (individual and couples – medical release)
Next retreat: End of april 2020
Other information and registration to come
Offered groups (you have to phone us or send us an email to advise us of your interest regarding one of these groups).
iSTEP (6–8 and 9–12 years old)
(Individual Success Through Empowering Peers / Réussite individuelle à travers l’autonomisation par les pairs)
This program is composed of 10 weekly meetings, each lasting 1 hour. At the meetings, your children will have an opportunity to recognize that their current or past experience as the child of a parent suffering from an operational stress injury is unique, and that the experience involves positive and negative things. They will be able to find the courage and develop the tools to overcome the unique challenges of this situation.
Groups for adolescents (12–18 years old)
YPET (Youth of Parents who have Experienced Trauma / Programme des jeunes dont les parents ont vécu un traumatisme)
This program consists of 8 weekly meetings, each lasting 2 hours. In addition, there is an information-gathering and welcome meeting before the group meetings begin. Then, once the eight meetings have been held, there will be a group celebration for the adolescents and their parents. As the adolescents are going through the program, there will be three meetings for their parents so that they can understand what their children are doing, have a closer relationship with their children and obtain concrete tools.
Groups for adults
- Living with someone suffering from depression, anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Grieving the loss of a physical or cognitive ability
- Grieving a death
*The above are only examples. You can send us your ideas and let us know what your needs and interests are by e-mail or phone!
Audrey Gallant, MSW, S.W.
Family Liaison Officer
Saint-Jean: 450 358-7099, ext. 5190