Occasional Volunteer Work
Several volunteering opportunities are available, whatever your location, interests or availability.
- Events and workshops: Get involved during our events and activities. It is also possible to share your experience during workshops and courses. You can also help organize café-meetings.
- Welcoming and Integration: When you are familiar with our services and the community, you become a valuable resource for all newcomers. For example, you can participate in home visits, make courtesy calls, participate in the matching program and offer language support to English-speaking newcomers.
- Volunteer Action: Occasionally, volunteers and/or the group of military spouses organize outings and parties to get to know each other better and build new relationships. You can then help organize such events.
- Living environment: We make a point of highlighting certain holidays and occasions that are dear to the heart of our community. This is why we put our volunteers to work decorating our living spaces and organizing events that allow us to mark these special occasions (e.g. Remembrance Day). It is also possible to get involved in the installation, assembly and repair of furniture and toys for the MFRC, or in the preparation and distribution of promotional items to the community.
- Outreach: To help us promote the MFRC's services, volunteers are present at our organization's booths or presentations and act as ambassadors to the community.
- Regional volunteering: If you are a long way from our service points and want to get involved, we can find the best way to do so. You could, among other things, be present at kiosks or presentations in your area, twin up with other families and develop specific activities and projects.
- Board of directors: You may act as a director on the MFRC Board of Directors. Find out more.
The MFRC offers many great opportunities to network and build rich friendships. Come and grow with us!
Ask our Volunteer Service Officer for more information:
Volunteer Services Officer
Saint-Hubert : 450 462-8777, ext. 6803
Saint-Jean : 450 358-7099, ext. 2915