You can be involved at any time that suits your schedule, regardless of the region you live in. Various opportunities are available to you, depending on your skills and interests. Over the course of the year, several projects are carried out.
Occasional Volunteer Work
Our volunteers do work in several areas, including:
The MFRC offers tons of great opportunities to establish ties and build real friendships. Come realize your potential with us!
- Special projects and events: Come get involved in our events and activities. You could also talk about your professional experience in our workshops and courses. Or you could help organize the coffee get-togethers.
- Welcome and community integration: Once you have a good understanding of our services and the community, you become a precious resource to anyone new to the region. So you could participate in at-home welcome visits, make courtesy phone calls, be involved in the buddy program or provide language-related support to English speakers who are new to Quebec.
- Outings and social events: The volunteers and/or the group of military spouses occasionally organize outings and social events together as a way to get to know one another better and meet new people. You could help organize these outings and events.
- Living environment: From installing equipment, etc., to putting together or repairing furniture or toys for the MFRC, there are lots of ways in which you could help out with the preparatory days. You could also help with preparing promotional items and handing them out to members of the community.
- Outreach: Would you like to help promote the MFRC’s services? A good way to get involved is by acting as an MFRC ambassador to the community at our information booths or during our presentations.
- Long-distance volunteering: If you live a long way from any of our service points but would like to get involved, we can find the best way to make it happen. You could, for example, be a “buddy” to other families or help with manning booths, giving presentations or developing projects and activities in your area.
- Board of Directors: You could serve as a director on the MFRC’s board of directors. Ask for information on this.