Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer Opportunities

Thinkstock

Volunteer Opportunities

The following are areas in which volunteers are always needed:

Kids Kloset Consignment Store

This service provides a means for military and associate members to consign items for cash as well as purchase! We accept items such as children’s clothing, toys, children’s accessories and maternity wear. When your items are sold we retain 20% of the total and pay you the remaining 80% of the sale! Cha-Ching! This store is completely managed and run by volunteers and we are always looking for people to join our team. The Kids Kloset Staff also oversees the Baby Equipment and Toy Lending Libraries.

Board of Directors

The Board of Directors is the legal authority for the MFRC and is responsible to the Military Community. As a member of this volunteer Board, a Director is a trustee for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization. Members of the Board provide guidance, support and direction to the Executive Director to set overall policy and establish long-term goals of the MFRC. Volunteer positions on the Board are often available throughout the year.

The Board of Directors is comprised of 51% military spouses, and the balance is to be from the military and civilian community. In addition, several ex-officio positions (non-voting) are appointed for their expertise. Volunteers who wish to be part of the Board of Directors need only to have an interest in the work of the MFRC and be willing to participate in monthly meetings to discuss current and ongoing issues relating to the MFRC. As a member of the Board, you will set policies that are in line with our mission and vision, and that of the national Military Family Services Program (MFSP). As well, as a Board member you will have a voice in how services are delivered in your community through the resource centre.

Special Events Committee

The MFRC plans many special community building events throughout the year organized by a fantastic and dynamic group of individuals who are all volunteers! The primary focus of this committee is to plan, organize, deliver and evaluate special events for the MFRC. The events will include, but are not limited to:

Open House/Family Day
Community Building Events such as the Family Halloween, Christmas & Easter parties!
The Special Events Committee has loads of fun and they are always in need of new members.

Office Administration

We have a very busy Centre and often times there is more work to do than hours in the day! These opportunities vary, but are always very rewarding and greatly appreciated by staff and the community.  If you have background in office administration or would like to learn we would love to have you!

We realize that making the commitment to volunteer can be a big decision; however, it can also be a very rewarding experience. You will meet new people and learn new skills, while providing support, assistance and guidance in regard to meeting our national mandate. Additionally, as a result of your involvement, you will assist the organization in ensuring our programs and services fully meet the unique needs of our community.

Our dedicated staff and Board members are here to assist you with any questions and support you so that your experience is a positive one!