Parcel Services, Morale Mail, etc.
Morale Mail Program
In response to the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, there are two temporary changes to sending morale mail for the foreseeable future.
Military Post Office (MPO 301) at Carling Campus
For those who have access to Carling Campus, the MPO have confirmed that they will be open from 0800 – 1430, Monday to Friday to accept all packages destined to Belleville for free.
Morale Mail Reimbursement Program
The MFRC NCR will have the opportunity to provide our NCR families with the option to send care packages to their loved ones on overseas missions, free of charge. This will be a reimbursement process and adherence to the guidelines is essential to be eligible for the refund.
Morale Mail Program Reimbursement Guidelines:
- Families are required to connect with the MFRC NCR Intake Services Coordinator (email@example.com), prior to submitting any claims, to ensure that they are up to date with current guidelines for reimbursement.
- All packages are required to follow the Instructions for Mailing Overseas as outlined by DND. Instructions can be found online.
- The MFRC is unable to provide mission-specific PO Boxes and addresses. Please confirm the correct address with your member.
- Reimbursement will be completed via direct deposit. MFRC Direct Funds Transfer form along with a void cheque will be required with the initial claim submission. Please request this form prior to submission.
- Only packages destined for Victoria, Belleville, and Halifax are eligible for this reimbursement. Please request this form prior to submission.
- Two pieces of documentation are required to be submitted to FSRC.
- A clear copy of the proof of purchase receipt with the assigned tracking number.
- Photo of the care package with the box front (including the address) clearly visible.
- This reimbursement program is limited to one package per member/family per month.
NOTE: This program is subject to change upon monthly review to reflect funding availability.
All packages must be securely packaged to avoid damage and leaking. Place breakable items or liquid substances within a strong outer container to avoid damaging other items. Canadian Forces Morale Mail is not insurable or traceable.
Parcel Dimensions, Size & Weight
Items that do not meet size and weight restrictions will not be accepted.
- Maximum weight of 20 kilograms
- Maximum length of 1 metre; AND
- The maximum length + girth* is 2 metres.
- The definition of girth is “width + height + width + height”
Place the return address and phone number in the top left corner of parcels.
All parcels are subject to inspection by the host country’s customs officials. Therefore, it is required for all packages to have a detailed list of contents on the bottom left corner of all parcels. Please visit the Instructions for mailing overseas for the full list of prohibited items. All parcels shall contain a list of: Contents, Quantity of each item, Value of each item, Weight.
- Write the address on the front of the parcel
- Consult the addresses for overseas operation page on the Forces website
- Write the CF member’s service number, rank, name, and the deployment unit
Download Address Template
Until further notice, the morale mail reimbursement program is open to immediate family members of deployed members residing in the NCR who have pre-registered with the Family Separation and Reunion Coordinator.
Delivery time frame
Please note that in light of recent events and the fluidity of responses to the pandemic, delays to the delivery time frame is to be expected beyond control of the MFRC or DND.
Mailing Instructions For OP Unifer (Ukraine)
A new form, Care Package Load List, must be filled out for each package, inserted in a clear mailing pouch and attached to the outside of the parcel.
Failure to include the load list may result in delays or inability for the package to be successfully delivered.
The Load List form should be completed as follows:
Other guidelines for OP Unifier:
When mailing any parcels or letters, DO NOT include the rank, unit or section anywhere on the package or accompanying documents (e.g., the load list or the Canada Post form). Packages should be addressed with the Member's initials and name only.
Below is an example of how to address your parcel or letter:
INITIALS/SURNAME (No Rank)
OP UNIFIER (Ukraine)
PO Box 5214 Stn Forces
Belleville, ON, K8N 5W6