Job Search Tips and Trends
Top Sources For Your Job Search/ Sources Employers Rely on for Hiring
- Employers rely heavily on external job ads and/or resume databases. Commonly used job sites include LinkedIn, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, Monster, Glassdoor, Job Bank, Charity Village, and more.
- Most job sites are a free resource for job seekers.
- Create a strong profile that includes a concise summary, work experience, location education/certifications, skills, interests, languages, computer skills, etc.
- Focus your job search using filters like date ad was posted, experience level required, company names, job titles, employment type, remote/non-remote, industry, location, language requirements, salary, etc.
- Job sites often include additional features including job alerts, message boards, company activity updates, salary trends, video ads, free resume/cover letter assessments and career planning tools. Be mindful of features that are free or at a cost.
Tips for Attending Virtual Events
- Test/practice with the technology you will be required to use in advance to avoid any technical glitches affecting your attendance/attention.
- Research companies who will be in attendance in advance.
- Create side notes for yourself to refer to, reflecting on your experience, skill set, and interests.
- Dress for success; although virtual, this is still your chance to leave a lasting impression and stand out from the crowd.
- Be concise with your questions and answers; you may have limited time to connect with each employer/representative.
Webex session given by Altis Recruitment – Sept 2020 https://zoom.us/rec/play/Ow0OLOi6RD5Z_0rNhbPoaeLVevUiPXTmW9o__-cPaoO6jwhxFJDl64XZD-B0S_gPB0XEbtbx0y7SQVpc.jfP-hFwpQ0mPMaoi?startTime=1600952111000