LinkedIn, Your Digital Resume
The 3 “C’s” of LinkedIn: Create, Connect & Curate
CREATE: A checklist to managing your professional profile.
- Your Profile Picture. Put your best face forward.
- Your Headline. This is your CATCH phrase: Sell Yourself!
- Your “About” Section. Tell you story: this is the best place to inject a little of your personality while giving a summary of your experience and skill set.
- Experience. Be accurate, honest and always write a detailed description.
- Add your skills. These are your key search terms.
CONNECT: How, who & when to network digitally.
- Your network should focus on quality connections, versus the number of connections in your network. Ask yourself: is this someone I have common professional interests with?
Who should I connect with on LinkedIn?
- Past colleagues, managers or vendor representatives you have worked with
- People in similar roles or who are in a similar field
- People who you admire as leader or role models (follow vs. connect)
- Recruiters and hiring managers
- Organizations and companies
CURATE: How to share content that will generate interest.
Content guidelines for Linkedin :
- Focus on inform vs. entertain.
- Ensure that the pieces you choose to share reflect your professional suitability
- Take caution on sharing pieces that are politically or religiously motivated
- Share your thoughts on why you chose to share this piece of content
Quick Tips for your LinkedIn Job Search:
- Set job alert notifications
- Follow the companies that you’re applying with
- Scan their employee list: do you know anyone who works there?
- Have customized resume’s ready to submit
- In a creative field? Have your portfolio ready to go!
Webex session given by Altis Recruitment – Sept 2020 https://zoom.us/rec/play/2TCvbLwMSmeZIO8lTLSykGdZNneScE3tZV2lixVTwd9fswOVXJou6iW21M-w7V5y44Sw2fm4DhuJhwzc.T9rJ4bHLbefnvccU?autoplay=true&startTime=1600957536000