WHAT IS A FAMILY LIAISON OFFICER?
Your Family Liaison Officer (FLO) is a Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) social worker who is part of your local Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) team. The FLO connects the two centres to ensure the widest variety of support is offered to families of military personnel who are coping with an illness or injury, and families of the fallen.
WHO DO FAMILY LIAISON OFFICERS SERVE?
Whether the member is returning to service or transitioning through the release process the FLO is available to help families cope with all phases of the member’s recovery, rehabilitation and reintegration. When a member has died during service FLOs are there to support the family. FLOs serve:
- All family members of an ill or injured CAF member, Regular or Reserve Force, including their spouses, children, parents, relatives of significance or people who self-identify as the family of that member;
- Family members and persons of significance to fallen CAF personnel; and
- All family members of fallen members.
FAMILY LIAISON OFFICER SERVICES
Family Liaison Officer services are free of charge and are delivered by experienced professionals who understand the challenges of your military lifestyle. FLO services include:
- Confidential individual, family or group counselling;
- Referrals to mental health services for adults and children;
- Access to education and prevention-based programs in the community;
- Short-term individual or group support for families of ill, injured or deceased members;
- Outreach and support to families in the surrounding area; and
- Tailored assistance to families of the fallen.
INTEGRATED PERSONNEL SUPPORT CENTRES
Your Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) offers coordinated administrative support to ill and injured military members and their families. Your IPSC team is ready to provide support during all phases of recovery and rehabilitation as well as reintegration support for those returning to CAF service or while transitioning to civilian life. Your IPSC also provides dedicated services and bereavement support for families of the fallen. To find your local IPSC, and discover more information, visit: Canada.ca/caf-casualty-support-contacts
CONNECT WITH A FAMILY LIAISON OFFICER
Family Liaison Officer
Family Liaison Officer
Information, Intake and referral