Want to meet new friends? Learn new things? Go to Camp?
The 61st Ottawa Guide Unit is for you! In their program girls get to decide on activities they want to do and plan their camps.
- Group: 61st Ottawa Guides
- Age Range: 9-11 Years
- Registration info: www.girlguides.ca - also where they can find more info
- Meeting date/Time: Tuesdays 6:30-8:30 PM at the Uplands Military Community Centre.
- Start Date: Sept 19 2017
- Cost: 175 $ + $4 handling fee (Additional fees may be applied during the year. A fee subsidy may be available.)
- Uniform Requirements: Girl Guides is a uniformed organization, we expect girls to wear their uniform every week and new girls after enrollment.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Guides, girls strengthen their leadership skills by taking the lead in Unit activities, learning to organize events and teaching each other new skills, all while having fun with girls their own age. The Guide program includes activities that deal with cyber safety, anti-bullying, self-esteem, health and fitness and environmental sustainability. Guiding gives girls the tools and resources they need to achieve greatness. Girls will earn at least 6-8 badges each year.
We’ve done many things over the last 15 years... we sell Girl Guide Cookies door to door both in the spring and fall, marshmallows roasts, Halloween parties, tenting and indoor camps, snowshoeing and skating, hiking twice a year, bowling as a fun night, collect recycling each week, volunteer at different places, plus much more.
Guiding is the place for today’s girls and women. Girl Guides offers girls and women fun-filled opportunities to discover new interests, use their talents, challenge themselves and learn valuable leadership and life skills. Their programs explore issues that are important to girls, giving them the tools they need to be confident, courageous and resourceful, and to make a difference in the world.
- Sparks 5 to 6 years old
- Brownies 7 to 8 years old
- Guides 9 to 11 years old
- Pathfinders 12 to 14 years old
- Rangers 15 to 17 years old
- Adults 18+
Register online or call the Membership hotline at 1-800-565-8111.