At the MFRC NCR, volunteers are the spirit of our organization. We involve volunteers in many aspects of our programming, and we find ways to engage people throughout the community.
Here are many benefits to volunteering:
- Volunteering connects you to others;
- is good for your mind and body;
- can advance your career;
- brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
Would you like to:
Becoming a Volunteer
- Become more involved in the NCR community?
- Meet new people?
- Gain valuable work experience?
- Share your skills with others?
- Be a part if a dynamic and diverse team?
Become an MFRC NCR volunteer!
Step 1 – Fill out an online application form and either email form to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off at the MFRC NCR. Pre-printed paper application forms can also be found at the reception desk!
Step 2 – Meet with the Volunteer Coordinator for an interview. We want to find out more about you so we can make sure we place you in the right position.
Step 3 – Get your CPIC with vulnerable screening and complete WHMIS and AODA training online.
Step 4 – Site tour and review of volunteer policies and procedures.
There will also be opportunities to attend workshops and events that are exclusive to our volunteers.
The MFRC NCR is always looking for fun and exciting ways to show appreciation to our volunteers!
- Quarterly volunteer Coffee Chats/Potlucks;
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation event;
- Small appreciation gifts throughout the year;
- Quarterly professional development and training opportunities;
- Monthly volunteer spotlight articles.