RCAF Family Sponsor Program
The RCAF in conjunction with your local Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) is launching a new program aimed at creating a better community: The RCAF Family Sponsor Program.
This program is designed to build community and improve communication. The goal is to help ease the stress of relocation and service-related separation by connecting families to each other.
The primary responsibilities of a family sponsor is to:
- Reach out to families that are newly posted or affected by service-related separations.
- Serve as a friendly point of contact for a new family when they arrive.
- Share information on local resources and introduce them to other families.
- Introduce new families to other families.
- Ensure that posted families, and families experiencing service-related separation, know what support and services are available and how to access them.
- Ease the process for families who are currently settling into their new community.
As a Family Sponsor, you will have training and support from your local MFRCs. You’ll get the skills needed to reach out to those families in need of support. Please consider volunteering today.
How does the application process work?
Volunteer Application Process:
- Application is submitted online using the Volunteer website
- Volunteer Coordinator will contact the applicant once the application has been received
- Interview - Opportunity for the Coordinator to get to know you better
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Record Check (for Vulnerable Sector) –Done through the Coordinator. This applies to all volunteers 18 years and older.
- Applicant is now a MFRC Volunteer - Welcome to the Team!
For additional support or information, please contact: (613) 998-4888 or firstname.lastname@example.org