Access to Information and Privacy

Canadians, permanent residents as well as individuals and corporations present in Canada can request records and their personal information held by government institutions. Find out how to access this information from the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS) for Non-Public Property (NPP) and the Staff of the Non-Public Funds, Canadian Forces.

Make a request

Please submit your request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act on the prescribed form or send a letter by mail, email or fax that clearly explains what records you are seeking. Note: We do not participate in the online Access to Information and Personal Information Request Service.

  • Access to information request form (TBS/SCT 350-57
  • Personal information request form (TBS/SCT 350-58)
  • Record Correction Request Form (TBS/SCT 350-11) if you believe that there are errors or omission in the information that NPP organizations have on file about yourself.

What to include with your request

  1. Your name, mailing address and, if possible, your email address and a daytime telephone number in case there are questions.
  2. As many details about your request as possible. For example, you could give a date range and detailed subject matter.
  3. For a personal information request, additional information may be required to verify your identity such as your Service Number and Date of Birth, or you may be required to present yourself in person. There is no fee for a personal information request.
  4. For an access to information request, enclose the $5.00 application fee in cash, or a cheque or money order payable to the Canadian Forces Central Fund.

Find information on completed access to information requests

You can search the summaries of Completed Access to Information Requests by CFMWS and make an informal request for records previously released, at no cost. The following types of requests are not included in the summaries:
  • Requests made under the Privacy Act
  • Informal requests
  • Requests that were transferred to another government institution
  • Requests that were abandoned by the requester
  • Requests made under the Access to Information Act that are uniquely of interest to the requester or contain primarily personal information of the requester

Contact the Access to Information and Privacy Office

If you have questions about access to information and privacy within NPP, or would like to submit a request for records held by NPP organizations, here is how to contact us.
By mail:
Non-Public Property and Staff of the Non-Public Funds, Canadian Forces
Access to Information and Privacy Program
Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services
4210 Labelle Street
Ottawa, ON  K1A 0K2

By email:


By fax:
By telephone:
Other requests: For requests relating to another government institution, consult the list of access to information and privacy coordinators.

Annual reports on the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act


Privacy impact assessments

In accordance with the Directive on Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA), CFMWS assesses the effects on privacy when launching or substantially changing a program or service that involves personal information. The summaries of PIAs conducted by CFMWS to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act are available below.