Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS) is committed to maintaining a positive workplace in which its employees are engaged in respectful and open communication and focused on the prevention and early resolution of conflict.
Centre for Conflict Resolution and Ethics
The Centre for Conflict Resolution and Ethics is the primary resource for CFMWS workplace conflict resolution services and is responsible for providing those services to all CFMWS employees and managers. For more information, check our policy and our brochure.
Harassment in any form constitutes unacceptable conduct and will not be tolerated. CFMWS personnel shall not be subject to harassment in the workplace. Disciplinary and/or administrative action may be taken against anyone who subjects other persons to harassment. Check out our policy, guidelines or FAQ for more information.
Who should you contact regarding a conflict or harassment in the workplace? Check the chart below:
* CCRE = the Centre for Conflict Resolution and Ethics
For example, contact CCRE if you are experiencing any one of the following scenarios:
**CCMS = Conflict and Complaint Management Services (CCMS) centres
If you are not sure whether you are an employee of CFMWS, contact your local HR or union representative or the Centre for Conflict Resolution and Ethics to confirm.
- You are an employee of CFMWS and are facing a conflict or experiencing harassment in the workplace from an employee of CFMWS, CAF/DND or Third Party contractor.
- You are a client of a CFMWS service and are experiencing harassment from an employee of CFMWS.
- You are a third party contractor and experience a conflict with an employee of CFMWS or experienced harassment from an employee of CFMWS in the workplace.
Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
If you are a CFMWS employee affected by serious sexual misconduct, including harassment, in the workplace, you can access the following services:
- Local CFMWS HR Manager for information regarding harassment.
- The Centre for Conflict Resolution and Ethic for conflict resolution services at 1-800-506-6679.
- Counselling through the CFMWS Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) at 1-800-387-4765.
If you are a CAF member affected by serious sexual misconduct, including harassment, then contact the Sexual Misconduct Response Centre (SMRC).
For 24/7 confidential supportive counselling:
If you are a DND employee affected by serious sexual misconduct, including harassment, in the workplace, then contact your local union representative or Human Resources manager.
If you are a Third Party Contractor, affected by serious sexual misconduct, including harassment, in the workplace, then contact your management.