1. This contest is organized by the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services, Personnel Support Programs Division (PSP) and is sponsored by Canadian Tire.
JUNE IS RECREATION MONTH
2. There is no-purchase necessary to enter the Contest.
3. Contestants must have a CF1 Card.
4. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
5. The June is Recreation Month Contest (the "Contest") is open to CFOne card holders. All participants must have reached the age of majority in their Province of residence prior to July 1, 2019.
6. Current employees, agents and representative of DDSRM (Headquarters), as well as any of their immediate family members may not participate in the contest.
7. Contestants must be Canadian citizens.
8. CFMWS shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification.
9. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to CFMWS for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate, easily readable and in no way misleading.
10. CFMWS reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate, uneasy to read or misleading personal details and/or information.
11. Contest Period: Starting on 12:00 a.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST), June 1, 2019 to 11:59 .pm., EST, July 1, 2019.
12. Upon completion and submission of the registration form and questionnaire online, eligible Contestants will be entered into the Contest for one (1) chance to win (i.e. one entry) the Grand Prize.
Contest Entry Restrictions
13. Contestants are restricted to three (3) entry per person. One (1) through the registration form and questionnaire online, one (1) through the National PSP Facebook Page, and one (1) through the registration form available at local events on bases/wings/units. Any excess entries will be invalid for purposes of the Contest draw.
14. All entries become the sole property of the organizers and none will be returned for any reason.
15. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period.
16. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for the Grand Prize.
Awarding of Prize
17. The winner will be randomly chosen by random, electronic draw on July 3, 2019 at 1030 (Eastern Standard Time) at 4210 Labelle Street, Ottawa, Ontario in the offices of the Personnel Support Programs division. The winner will be contacted during the week of July 01-05, 2019 using the contact information provided by Contestant at time of entering the Contest. At that time one (1) back up entry will be drawn.
18. Attempts to contact the selected Contestant at least three (3) times within the fourteen (14) days after the Draw. If the selected Contestant does not reply and/or cannot be contacted in that time, the second contestant drawn will become the Grand Prize Winner and the initial selected Contestant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards CFMWS or anyone involved in the Contest.
19. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the second Contestant whose name was drawn however if the second winner cannot be reached by close of business July 26, 2019, the contest will be cancelled and no prize will be awarded.
20. The Prize will be awarded to the Contestant whose contact information (name, telephone number or email address) has been given by the Contestant at time of completion of the online entry, to the Contestant who has participated in the Facebook poll or to the Contestant who has participated in a local event and who has complied with these Rules.
21. There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of an outdoor adventure package valued at $500, and a Canadian Tire gift card of $2,000!
22. The Prize will be awarded based on a random, electronic draw.
23. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Prize will be allowed.
24. Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
25. Any costs or expenditures other than those mentioned above will be the responsibility of the winner.
26. The winner will assist CFMWS by answering written questions, which will be used in future publications to promote June is Recreation Month, and any other means of promotion.
27. If the prize are not used in whole, no compensation will be due to the winner.
28. The prize cannot be transferred to another person or to the winner's successor or heir.
29. In the event that CFMWS cannot award the prize as described in these contest rules, they reserve the right to award a like prize of equivalent value or, at their discretion, the prize cash value indicated herein.
30. The prize will be mailed to the winner within four (4) weeks of the respective draw date.
31. CFMWS disclaims any and all responsibility in the event of loss or theft of the prize.
32. The odds of being randomly selected to win the Grand Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Contest Period.
33. In order to win, the selected Contestant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question to be administered by email, or by Private Message on Facebook depending on the winner, and he or she will be required to sign a Prize Claim Form and Acceptance Agreement confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded and releasing CFMWS from all liability relating to the Contest. No substitution for, or transfer of the Prize, will be allowed.
34. The selected entrant will have seven (7) days from the date of receipt to return a signed copy of the Prize Claim Form and Acceptance Agreement to CFMWS or its representative. If the selected Contestant does not do so within this period of time, another Contestant will be randomly selected and the initially selected Contestant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards CFMWS or anyone involved in the Contest.
35. A representative from CFMWS will be available to provide the Grand Prize Winner assistance with prize elements in the official language of his or her choice.
36. Each Prize claim is subject to verification by CFMWS and/or its designated representatives.
37. Entries made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during the Contest period are automatically void.
38. All Contest entries obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules are automatically void. CFMWS will be the sole and final reference source in validating a Prize claim.
39. By participating, each Contestant and selected winner and guests agree: (a) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of CFMWS, (b) to release and hold harmless CFMWS, the Canadian Armed Forces, the Department of National Defence its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for claims/damages including, but not limited to, claims/damages for personal injury, for property damage with respect to acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize or participation in the Contest; (c) to permit CFMWS to use his/her name, address, city, province, of residence, photograph, video, or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes without any additional compensation and (d) the winners agree to sign a Declaration and Release Form to this effect.
40. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
41. All draws are final and without appeal in all matters relating to this contest and the awarding of the prizes. By entering the contest, the contestant automatically agrees to accept and abide by these contest rules and regulations. CFMWS reserves the right to disqualify any contestant or cancel any entry that does not comply with these rules. CFMWS reserve the right to modify the terms of this contest or cancel it without notice at any time. The decisions of CFMWS in relation to this Contest will be final and binding on all entrants.
42. CFMWS shall not be responsible for incorrect, unreadable or inaccurate transcription or registration of Contest entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions, line failures of any telephone network, failure of computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online survey, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
43. CFMWS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the Contest, subject, in Quebec, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
44. If a selected entrant is awarded the Prize due to a system error, malfunction or defect the Prize will be returned to the Prize pool, to be re-awarded.
45. Under no circumstances will CFMWS, the Canadian Armed Forces, the Department of National Defence its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.
46. June is Recreation Month is a recreation program and therefore Canadian Armed Forces personnel are not considered on duty while participating. Temporary Duty allowances do not apply and an approved leave pass is required. In the case where the Grand Prize winner is unable to participate due to military operation duties, an eligible guest may participate in his/her place. Supporting documentation may be requested.
47. The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. The personal information provided to enter the Contest will be used only to administer the Contest, and for no other reason.
48. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
49. The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
50. The contest rules are available in French.
51. In the event of discrepancy between the English and French versions, the English version shall prevail.