Teacher Recruitment for 2021-2023 School Year
The Canadian Armed Forces - Children’s Education Management hires Canadian teachers and administrators for their two CAF Overseas Schools: SHAPE International School - Canadian Section
(Belgium) and AFNORTH International School – Canadian Section
For more information, read the following documents:
These forms are provided for use within your application, ONLY if your board does not conduct these processes:
Dates for 2020 Recruitment process:
September 11, 2020 – October 30, 2020 (closes at noon Eastern Standard Time EST):
Applications only accepted via email at email@example.com
For further information, please contact Kathi Kay, Senior Education Officer with
Children’s Education Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative positions for 2021-2022
The table below outlines the predicted staffing needs for the 2021-2022 school year; exact teaching assignments are subject to change based on student enrollment and staffing needs.
FFL = French-First-Language / FSL = French-as-a-Second-Language
|SHAPE International School (SIS)
||Middle / High-School Section
|Grades 1 – 8
||Grades K – 5
||Grades 6 – 12
||Intermediate/Senior level (gr. 6-10):
Bilingual position (EN/FR)
Qualifications & experience in Math/English/Special Education would be an asset
- French (FSL/FFL)
Intermediate /Senior level (gr. 6-12):
Bilingual candidates preferred (EN/FR)
- Senior Physics & Chemistry
- Teachers at SHAPE IS must be able to deliver Ontario curriculum in both English first language and French first language.
- Some teaching assignments at AFNORTH IS may include subjects which must be delivered in French.
- Some teaching assignments at AFNORTH IS are cross-panel (courses in Junior, Intermediate and Senior divisions, grade 6-12)
- It is important to note that both SIS and AIS host international students whose first language is not English. Qualifications and / or experience teaching students for whom English is a Second or an Additional Language would be an asset (ESL/EAL).
- Teachers at the secondary level must hold or be able to obtain Ontario teaching certification.
Below you will find the tentative administrative positions starting in August of 2021:
- Principal (elementary) – SHAPE
- The elementary Principals at SHAPE and at AFNORTH must be able to work in both English and French.
- The Principal at AFNORTH IS (MS-HS) should have experience at the secondary level in Ontario; bilingual (EN/FR) preferred.