Teacher Recruitment 2018-2019
The Canadian Armed Forces - Children’s Education Management hires Canadian teachers and administrators for their two CAF Overseas Schools: SHAPE International School - Canadian Section
(Belgium) and AFNORTH International School – Canadian Section
For more information, read the following documents:
Dates for 2018-2019 Recruitment:
May 30, 2017:
Application and Instruction Packages posted
Apply to Education posting activated
September 1 – November 1, 2017
: All applications must be submitted through Apply to Education
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Tentative positions for 2018-2019
The table below outlines the predicted staffing needs for the 2018-2019 school year; exact teaching assignments are subject to change based on student enrolment and staffing needs.
||Middle / High-School Section4
|Grades 1 – 8
||Grades K – 5
||Grades 6 – 12
|Grade 1 / 2 (bilingual)
Grade 3 / 4 (bilingual)
Grade 5 / 6 (bilingual)
Arts2 (English only)
French / Music / Drama
Numeracy and Literacy
- Science (Chemistry and Biology)
- English, including ESL
- French, including FFL and FSL
- Visual Arts and Drama
- Physical Education
- Teachers at SHAPE must be able to deliver Ontario curriculum in both English and French.
- The Arts position at SHAPE includes Drama, Dance, Visual Arts, and Music (instrumental music for grades 5 – 8) and some Language Arts instruction. It does NOT have a bilingual requirement.
- Teachers in the British-Canadian (B-C) section deliver the British curriculum.
- Teachers in the secondary section must hold or be able to obtain Ontario teaching certification.
Below you will find the tentative administrative positions for the 2018-2019 school year
- SHAPE IS - Principal (bilingual) – not required for Recruitment 2017
- AFNORTH IS - Principal (bilingual preferred)
- The Principal at SHAPE should be able to work in both English and French.
- The Principal at AFNORTH IS should have experience at the secondary level.