The V4V program has temporarily suspended 2020 and 2021 bookings until further notice. Please see below.
Dear Vacation for Vets applicants:
The Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services is continually monitoring the COVID19 situation and making adjustments to the Vacations for Vets (V4V) program as required. To comply with the travel restrictions imposed by the Government of Canada, the V4V program has temporarily suspended 2020 and 2021 bookings until further notice. New applications will not be accepted at this time. Once the COVID19 outbreak is under control and the general situation improves, we will do our best to chronologically accommodate suspended bookings. We appreciate your patience. Please stay well.
Applications for 2021 vacations are now closed.
Thank you to all of those that submitted an application. The program coordinator will be in touch again once we have had a chance to review all applications submitted.
Vacations for Vets is an initiative spearheaded by Shell Vacations Club, and the Wyndham Worldwide members, who graciously donate excess timeshare points as a way to thank whose who serve or have served our country. The program offers one week complimentary lodging to eligible serving and former members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
- You must be a serving or former member of the Canadian Armed Forces who sustained an illness or injury attributable to military service in a Special Duty Area or Special Duty Operation, and you are receiving a Veterans Affairs Canada benefit for that illness or injury.
- You are limited to one vacation every two years.
- The online application form information will be used to refill both the regular and waitlist.
- If you are a first time user of the program, a Veterans Affairs Canada confirmation letter that confirms you are receiving a benefit must accompany your application. You can either submit your entitlement decision letter or contact Veterans Affairs Canada directly at their toll free number 1-866-522-2122 (EN)/ 1-866-522-2022 (FR) for a confirmation letter which does not include any benefit details. Please see an example of the letter we are asking for here.
- Review Shell Vacations Resorts to see which resort you want to apply to or view a complete list of resort names here.
- Once your application is approved, the Vacations for Vets program manager will let you know that your spot has been secured. If you are placed on the waitlist, you will also be told which spot you are, as applications are filed on a first-come first-serve basis. You will receive a follow-up email once your requested dates are less than 9 months away to confirm that the dates and locations from your original application are still relevant. Please feel free to make any changes at this time. Occupancy is based on availability and blackout dates. Providing a larger date range increases the chances of getting your first choice.
- For other questions, refer to our FAQ or email us at VacationsForVets@cfmws.com
- You can only stay at one resort location for the seven-day vacation.
- Travelling companions may include your spouse, children, extended family members, and other dependents (up to a maximum of 8 people including yourself). Please note the maximum occupancy for each room/resort when requesting a location and the number of people you plan to bring with you.
- Pets are not permitted on Shell Vacations Club properties. Service dogs are permitted, as long as the appropriate paperwork is brought with you.
- You may book a longer vacation at your own expense, based upon Shell Vacations Club availability. If you desire to stay longer than the one complimentary week, please make a special note on your application form. All extra stays can be booked yourself through Wyndham Extra Holidays.
- You are responsible for the cost of travel to and from Shell Vacations Club destinations, as well as meals, activities, taxes and security deposits. This program only covers the cost of lodging at the properties.
- Hawaiian timeshare locations may have a timeshare tax per day, which is your responsibility. Check each resort rate here.
- If you have previously been on a vacation through this program and want to apply for another vacation, you will have to wait 2 years after vacation to reapply.
Morale & Welfare Services