Employment Service has a team of professionals who understand the unique challenges of military life.
Assistance for the Military Community
If you are a military spouse we can:
If your profession requires a unique license (i.e. hairdresser, teacher, nurse, etc.) we can tell you more about the requirements in our area, and how you can apply.
- tell you about the local labour market
- help you to tailor your resume and cover letter to make it attractive to local markets
- offer information about programs, services and training that are available to you
If you are a past or present military member, we can help you with your transition to a civilian career. You can drop-in or make an appointment with one of our career counsellors, or register for one of our monthly Military Transition Workshops to find out more about:
Your military career has given you marketable skills that employers are looking for, and we can help you to build a resume that matches your experience to a civilian workplace.
- writing a resume that effectively conveys your military experience and value to potential employers
- developing effective job search skills
- refining interview techniques
To find out about any of these programs and services, call our offices at (613) 687-1717 (Petawawa) or (613) 584-1717 (Deep River). We're glad to help.