All participants wanting to take part in a PSP Community Recreation fitness class must complete the Garrison Petawawa COVID-19 Self Assessment. This survey will assess an individual's health to enter DND facilities based on the responses.
All persons visiting PSP facilities or taking part in a program must be able to answer “no” to all of the following questions. A negative COVID-19 test result for symptoms allows a "No" response:
Registration for classes will open 24 hours before each class time. These questions are embedded into the online registration. When a participant signs into class, the instructor will ask if anything has changed with regard to the assessment since taking it online.
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: severe difficulty breathing; chest pain; confusion; or the recent loss of consciousness?
- Are you experiencing now, or in the last 14 days, any of the following typical COVID-19 symptoms; fever, new cough, shortness of breath, unexplained muscle aches, fatigue, unexplained headache, sore throat, runny nose?
- Are you experiencing now, or in the last 14 days, any of the following atypical symptoms: Loss of appetite, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, loss of sense of smell or taste, unexplained toe rash, conjunctivitis (unexplained red eyes)? **a negative COVID-19 test result for the symptoms experienced would allow you to answer NO.
- Has someone you are in close-contact with tested positive for or suspected to have COVID-19 and still awaiting test results?
- Have you returned from travel from outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
Please Note - Our guiding principle at this time is that the health and safety of our staff is ensured. It is of the utmost importance that participants review the COVID-19 screening tool and answer the questions honestly.