The PMFRC offers a wide range of programming to support those who have family members with special needs, including adults, children or parents.
PMFRC Programs and Services
The PMFRC has a portable sensory room at many of our family events. This space is available for anyone who needs a moment to relax and regroup.
- Exceptional Families Network: A monthly session for parents and caregivers to offer ideas and share support.
- Welcoming Space & Sensory Play: An inclusive play time for children with special needs to enjoy with their parents, siblings and friends.
- All About Me Guide: An information binder for families to keep track of their family member’s health history, preferred routines, school information and community resources in one place.
- Sensory Aquatic Program: A weekly swim session for the entire family - offered in partnership with PSP Aquatics.
- Special Needs Lending Library: Weighted blankets, sensory items and more are available to borrow.
- Special Needs Family Forum: An annual event to connect families with local resources, and to provide feedback about the programs and services they need.
- Skills Building: Several programs to assist in the development of communication, social interaction and teamwork.