Private Home Day Care (PHDC) is a community-based child care program designed to match suitable caregivers with children in need of daily care while their parents are at work. Children are placed in caregivers’ homes within our community.
The service is licensed by the Ministry of Education, and all care-giving homes are carefully screened and regularly inspected.
PHDC at a Glance
- This service is available to military and civilian families in the community.
- We are licensed under the Child Care and Early Years Act. This licensing promotes the maintenance of health and safety standards.
- We can arrange care for children six weeks through twelve years of age, Monday through Friday, for a maximum of nine hours per day.
- We require a minimum commitment of three half days per week or a minimum of three categories of care per week per child.
Benefits for Parents
- We do the legwork for you in locating quality homes
- We ensure a low caregiver-to-child ratio
- We offer affordable rates and discounts for more than one child
- Homes and caregivers are fully screened for safety and security
- Caregivers receive ongoing support and training
- We provide a back-up caregiver system
- We provide caregivers with supplemental equipment, toys, and craft packages
Have you ever thought about owning your own business?
Would you like the freedom of being your own boss and working from your home?
The PMFRC can help you to get established. Members of our Private Home Day Care team receive:
If you live in Petawawa, Deep River, or Chalk River and would like more information about this opportunity, call Angie at (613) 687-1641 ext. 2230.
- Ongoing support
- Assistance in finding clients
- Guaranteed pay
- Support with billing and invoicing
- Advice about current Ministry regulations
Our parent handbook is now available online.